Random Facts That You Don’t Really Need to Know:
- I graduated in 2019 from East Carolina University (GO PIRATES)
- My family is the “5k every holiday” family… sorry TJ!
- I don’t have a pet, but I very actively dream of getting one and often live vicariously through my friends with pets
- I started eating onions this year (#adult)
- If I could only watch 2 shows the rest of my life, they would be Bob’s Burgers and Hells Kitchen
I’m Emily – the writer, runner, and sometimes the complainer.
This is my blog, and I’m so excited to be sharing it with you! I am 24 (almost 25) years old from Raleigh, North Carolina. I got engaged Labor Day weekend of 2020 to the love of my life, TJ, and our wedding is October 1st!
Getting married is just 1 of the 100 things I want to do in 2021, literally! I decided against making a traditional New Years resolution this year. Instead, I made a literal list of 100 things I want to do this year… go a month without drinking alcohol, successfully do 3 pull-ups, do a spicy food challenge – literally anything and everything I could think of to get myself out of my comfort zone and to accomplish something I have yet to try!
Although this blog focuses on my training to be the best version of myself, I’m also using it to improve my writing skills for blogging and creating new content. I currently work as a general admin, but I have started accumulating more responsibility in content creation for our social media channels and internal communication. I want this interest to blossom and see how far I can take it to start doing work that I truly enjoy. (I mean love what you do and you never work a day in your life, right?)
This blog is the first thing off the list and the first step to becoming my best self. Enjoy!